Now shipping internationally!
With 25 minutes of average hybrid flight and an included AvA Mapping Key, the DIY 25 package is the best choice for the most discerning aerobotics enthusiasts and those who are looking to apply the FireFLY6 in productive missions. AvA brings a slew of features to the FireFLY6:
AvA handles flight mode transitions (from hover to forward flight and vice versa) for you, making the most challenging portion of VTOL flight as simple as a flick of a switch.
AvA brings full VTOL flight control capabilities to a single piece of hardware, the PX4hawk autopilot. The result is a clean, uncomplicated electronics installation. No muss, no fuss.
Safety & Reliability
A single controller architecture means that failure points are minimized. But if things do go wrong, AvA can step in to save the day. Return to Launch (RTL mode) is available on demand and as a loss-of-link failsafe, bringing the FireFLY6 safely home for an automated vertical landing.
AvA handles all of the complicated control mixing required to keep the FireFLY6 airborne. No special radio programming required, any 7+ channel radio system will work.
- Assembled airframe (EPO foam body with wood/composite internal structure) with detachable magnetic wings, tails, and hatches
- PX4hawk Set with AvA Mapping Key (includes Ublox NEO-M8N GPS with compass and 915MHz telemetry radios)
- Tiger MT3506 motors
- One set of custom motor mounts for MT3506 compatibility
- Castle Creations MR 25A ESCs
- One set of APC MR props (three normal, three pusher) with adapters
- 20 amp Castle Creations BEC Pro
- FireFLY6 Payload Mount Kit
- Two nose cone options
- Two sets of camera mounts compatible with the GoPro Hero 3 / 3+ / 4
- Wing servos (installed)
- All required servo leads and extensions
- Retractable spring-loaded landing gear
- Transition mechanism, including heavy duty metal gear servo, chain & sprocket drive system, bearings, carbon rod shaft, and shaft collars
- Power distribution system, including dual high-amperage distribution boards, 16awg power wire, and dual battery leads with Deans male connectors
Don't need an AvA Mapping Key? Contact us to downgrade to an AvA Pro Key and save $300!Needed to Complete:
- Batteries - two 3S packs of no larger than 142x49x22mm form factor (see FAQ for recommendations)
- 7+ Channel Radio/Receiver (FrSky Taranis recommended) - for PX4hawk compatibility, a PPM Encoder is required for systems without a SBUS/CPPM receiver output
- Belly and/or nose cameras - GoPro Hero 3 / 3+ / 4 recommended
- Mapping mounts for point-and-shoot and multispectral cameras
- Wingspan - 60" (1524 mm)
- Length - 37.4" (950 mm)
- Weight - 6.6-9.0 lbs (3.0-4.1kg) all-up
- Flight Time - 25 minutes average hybrid flight
- Payload Capacity - 2.5lbs (1.1kg)
- Cruise Speed - 30-35kts (34-40mph, 15-18m/s)
- Max Speed - 57kts (65mph, 29m/s), demonstrated
- FireFLY6 with AvA Onboard Manual
- AvA Operations Guide
- Other Supporting Supplementals
International customers are responsible for any import charges assessed at delivery, which may include VAT.