Now shipping internationally!
The next generation aerobotics platform, almost ready to fly, with an AvA Sport Key! AvA brings a slew of features to the FireFLY6:
AvA handles flight mode transitions (from hover to forward flight and vice versa) for you, making the most challenging portion of VTOL flight as simple as a flick of a switch.
AvA brings full VTOL flight control capabilities to a single piece of hardware, the PX4hawk autopilot. The result is a clean, uncomplicated electronics installation. No muss, no fuss.
Safety & Reliability
A single controller architecture means that failure points are minimized. But if things do go wrong, AvA can step in to save the day. Return to Launch (RTL mode) is available on demand and as a loss-of-link failsafe, bringing the FireFLY6 safely home for an automated vertical landing.
AvA handles all of the complicated control mixing required to keep the FireFLY6 airborne. No special radio programming required, any 7+ channel radio system will work.
Powerful Expansion Options
Upgrade AvA now or later with a Pro or Mapping Key to unlock advanced point-and-click autonomy.
Needed to complete:
- Assembled airframe (EPO foam body with wood/composite internal structure) with detachable magnetic wings, tails, and hatches
- AvA Sport Key
- Two nose cone options
- Two sets of camera mounts, compatible with the GoPro Hero 3 / 3+ / 4
Boom block motor mounts with hardware, compatible with 44mm radial mount screw spacing
- Wing servos (installed)
- All required servo leads and extensions
- Retractable spring-loaded landing gear
Transition mechanism, including heavy duty metal gear servo, chain & sprocket drive system, bearings, carbon rod shaft, and shaft collars
Power distribution system, including dual high-amperage distribution boards, 16awg power wire, and dual battery leads with Deans male connectors
Looking for a complete package? Try our Combos and save!
- BirdsEyeView Aerobotics PX4hawk Set, or a similar PX4-based autopilot
- Propulsion system (motors, ESCs, propellers) - BirdsEyeView Aerobotics PowerPACK or High-Efficiency Propulsion Bundle recommended
- Batteries - two 3S packs of no larger than 142x49x22mm form factor (see FAQ for recommendations)
- Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) - 10A recommended (i.e. CC BEC or CC BEC Pro)
- 7+ Channel radio/receiver (FrSky Taranis recommended) - for PX4hawk compatibility, a PPM Encoder is required for systems without a SBUS/CPPM receiver output
- Belly and/or nose cameras - GoPro Hero 3 / 3+ / 4 recommended, see our Payloads section!
- FPV link, see our FPV Gear offerings!
- Wingspan - 60" (1524 mm)
- Length - 37.4" (950 mm)
- Weight - 6.0-9.0 lbs (2.7-4.1kg) all-up
- Flight Time - 15-45+ minutes average hybrid flight, depending on configuration and flying style (see FAQ for details)
- Payload Capacity - 1.5-2.5lbs (0.7-1.1kg), depending on choice of propulsion system
- Cruise Speed - 30-35kts (34-40mph, 15-18m/s)
- Max Speed - 57kts (65mph, 29m/s), demonstrated
Click here to join the conversation.
VAT will be applied at checkout if product is destined for an EU country. Customer is responsible for any additional import charges assessed at delivery.